The age old advice of planning for tomorrow today also applies to your marriage and family relationships. How many times have you heard quotes like:
"Fail to plan and you plan to fail."
"A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn't, and even brags about it. Proverbs 13:16"
"Success tomorrow begins today"
For some personalities creating and following a plan comes naturally and with ease. For other personalities it is more difficult to plan ahead or stick with a plan. Regardless to where you fall personality wise, everything can be made better in the long run with a plan. Your relationships are no different.
I know your family relationships are important to you. Many of you have shared that your husbands, wives, and children are the reasons why you do everything you do. It's not their importance in question. The question for you to consider today is : "How have I planned to show my husband or wife or child that they are important to me tomorrow?" (Of course it's not to late to consider today)
You see, so much happens over the course of a day, a week, a month – that before you realize it – time has flown by and you may not have shown those that you love most how important they are. It doesn't have to take long or cost a dime. Make sure you add your loved ones to your to do list today.
5 Simple Ways To Show Your Loved Ones They Are Important
1. Schedule a little time everyday to spend with them. Even 5 minutes just chatting about the day makes a big difference.
2. Leave them quick little notes to find. Things like: You're the best! I'm thankful you're mine. Or I love You!
3. Do something helpful like pack a special snack, wash the dishes, or shovel snow from the car.
4. When you spend time with them- give them your undivided attention.
5. Evaluate yourself- if there is something that you need to change don't be afraid to apologize and commit to making it right.
Love and blessings,